Withington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1609
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Withington
- Compton Abdale
- Shipton Sollars
- Shipton Oliffe
The Imperial Gazetteer 1870
WITHINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Northleach union, Gloucester; 8½ miles SE of Cheltenham r. station. It has a post-office under Cheltenham, and a police station. Acres, 5,830. Real property, £5,637. Pop., 783. Houses, 170. The property is much sub-divided. A Roinan pavement was found in 1811. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £800. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is Norman, cruciform, and good. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £30.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Withington, 6 m. N.W. Northleach. P. 818
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Northleach
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Withington
- Diocese: Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 – Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Northleach
- Hundred: Bradley
- Province: Canterbury