Milwich, Staffordshire Family History Guide



Milwich is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.

Other places in the parish include: Coton, Garshall Green, Dayhills, and Day-Hills.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1573
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1636

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Parishes adjacent to Milwich

  • Fradswell
  • Sandon
  • Leigh
  • Hilderstone
  • Gayton

Historical Descriptions

Milwich

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

MILWICH, a village and a parish in Stone district, Stafford. The village stands on a small affluent of the river Trent, 2½ miles NE of Sandon r. station, and 4¾ SE by E of Stone. The parish contains also the hamlets of Coton, Garshall-Green, and part of Dayhills; and its Post town is Stone. Acres, 2,987. Real property, £4,867. Pop., 567. Houses, 127. The property is much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £95. Patron, G. Lewis Dyve, Esq. The church is a modern brick structure, with an ancient stone tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £20.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Dayhills

Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Dayhills, a hamlet in Milwich and Sandon parishes, Stafford; 5 ½ miles ESE of Stone.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Family History Links

FamilySearch Historical Records

Historical Maps

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Stone
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Stafford
  • Poor Law Union: Stone
  • Hundred: South Pirehill
  • Province: Canterbury