Edvin Loach is a small parish, 3 miles N.E. from Bromyard, in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, and an isolated part of the county of Hereford, and contained in 1851 a population of 69 inhabitants.
The Church is a small, ancient edifice, consisting of nave, chancel, and small western tower. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of E. Higginson, Esq., with Tedstone Wafer, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford. Rev. James Grassett, M.A., Rector; Mr. Edward Benbow, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. alternately.
Grassett Rev. James, M.A., Rector, Rectory
Abell Thomas, farmer, The Hope
Benbow Edward, Parish Clerk
Bevan Jane, farmer, Steeple Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855