Dormston is a small parish, distant from Worcester about 10 miles N.E., and contained in 1851 a population of 109 inhabitants.

The Church, which is situated on low and damp ground, is a small erection, consisting only of nave, chancel and a small wooden tower, and is in a sadly dilapidated state. It is on a stone basement, with gable-end roof, much more resembling the roof of a house than that of a church. The eastern window has a new stone heading of ogee shape, but is without mullion or tracery. The chancel was restored in 1837. the funerals of this parish are sent to Kington, the burial-ground not being used. The living is a Perpetual Curacy, in the patronage of T. B. Vernon, Esq. Rev. John Home, Incumbent; Mr. Thomas Bristow, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.

DIRECTORY

Baker William, farmer, The Hill

Gower Ann, farmer

Green James, farmer, Bag End

Laugher Jane, farmer, Quarry Pits

Hedgecombe Thomas, farmer, Coneybury

Pugh Joseph, farmer, The Moat Farm

Stanley George, shoe maker

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855