Last Updated on
Distances – 1 mile E. of Pershore, 5 ½ N.W. of Evesham, and 10 S.E. of Worcester.
Population – In 1901, 288. Acreage, 1656.
Postal Information – Post Office, Mrs. Martha Stevenson, Sub. Postmistress. Letters arrive by messenger from Pershore at 6.30 a. m and 2.45 p.m. ; despatched thereto at 10.40 a.m. and 6.40 p.m. Postal Orders are issued and paid at this office. Pershore is the nearest money order and telegraph office and post town.
Parish church (St. Bartholomew’s) – Rev. William Henry Bolton, M.A., Vicar; A. R. Hudson and Major Marriott, Churchwardens; Joseph Sherwood, parish Clerk.
Parochial School (boys and girls) – Miss Mary Frances Davies, Mistress.
Bolton Rev. William Henry, M.A., (vicar), The Vicarage
Bullock Mrs., Woodbine cottages
Carden Mrs., Endon house
Davies Miss Mary F., schoolmistress, School house
Dowson J. W., Lower hill
Gifford Wm., farm bailiff to A. R. Hudson
Harrison H. P., Vandyke court
Hemming Mrs., Upper Wick house
Hudson Alfred Ricketts, Wick house
Hughes W. H., The Grange
Jackson J., farmer Glenmore farm
Marriott Major Henry C., Avonbank
Pullen Wm., gardener, Dounda cottage
Sherwood Joseph, parish clerk & blacksmith
Stevenson Mrs. Martha, sub-postmistress, Post office
Tovey Frederick, farmer, Dounda cottages
Woodward Miss, Edon house
Young James, butler, Woodbine cottage
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.