Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
Parishes adjacent to Wickhamford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WICKHAMFORD, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; 2½ miles SE of Evesham r. station. Post town, Evesham. Acres, 1,242. Real property, £1,304. Pop., 124. Houses, 27. The property belongs chiefly to Lord Sandys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £41. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Wickhamford, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Blackenhurst, union of Evesham, county of Worcester; 2 miles south-east by east of Evesham. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd, and dio. of Worcester; rated at £2 4s. 4½d., returned at £65; gross income £44. Patrons, the dean and canons of Christ-church, Oxford. The parish affords limestone in considerable quantities. Acres 1,170. Houses 27. A.P. £1,711. Pop., in 1801, 125; in 1831, 136. Poor rates, in 1838, £30 18s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Wickamford [sic] – a parish in the hundred of Blakenhurst, upper division, 2 ½ miles E.S.E. from Evesham, and 95 from London; containing 23 inhabited houses. It is a curacy, united with Badsey. Population, 1801, 125 – 1811, 137 – 1821, 130.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Civil Registration District: Evesham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Evesham
Poor Law Union: Evesham