Castlemorton is a chapelry of Longdon Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Alternative names: Morton-Foliot
Parish church: St. Gregory
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes adjacent to Castlemorton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CASTLE-MORTON, or Morton-Foliot, a parish in Upton-on-Severn district, Worcester; under the Malvern hills, 4½ miles SW by W of Upton-on-Severn, and 3½ S by E of Malvern r. station. Post Town, Longdon, under Tewkesbury. Acres, 3,656. Real property, £5,569. Pop., 818. Houses, 195. The property is much subdivided. A castle of the De Montes stood here. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Longdon, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient but good; and a chapel for the outlying portions of Castle-Morton and Berrow was built in 1869. There are a national school, and charities £28.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Castlemorton Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Castle-Morton, 3½ m. S.W. Upton-upon-Severn. P. 855
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Castlemorton Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Castle-Morton – a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Pershore, lower division, 4 miles S.W. from Upton-on-Severn, and 111 from London; containing 137 inhabited houses. It is a perpetual curacy, annexed to Longdon; Rev. J. Broome, curate. Population 1801, 659 – 1811, 785 – 1821, 788
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Upton upon Severn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Upton upon Severn
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury