Croome D’Abitot Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Croome D’Abitot is situated about 7 miles E.S.E. from Worcester, and contained in 1851 a population of 140 inhabitants.
This parish, which is small, contains only two farm-houses, the mansion, the seat of the Right Hon. the Earl of Coventry, the church, and a few cottages.
The Church is a small, substantial building. The windows are in imitation of the later pointed style; the tower has embattlements and pinnacles. The chancel contains several handsome monuments to the Coventry family. The living, united with Pirton, is a Rectory, in the patronage of the Trustees of the Earl of Coventry. Rev. W. L. Isaac, M.A., Rector; Mr. Israel Clifford, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Coventry The Right Hon. the Earl of
Clarke William, gardener and florist to the Earl of Coventry
Clifford Israel, Parish Clerk
Green Charles, farmer, Croome Farm
Green Henry, farmer, High Green
Gregory William, park and game keeper to the Earl of Coventry
Hardy Alfred, gardener to the Earl of Coventry
Lane Mary, victualler, Coventry Arms
Price John, blacksmith
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855