Distance – 4 miles W. of Worcester.
Population – In 1901, 214. Acreage, 2202.
Postal Information – Post and Telegraph Office; Edward Corbett, Sub-postmaster. Letters arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.3 a.m. [sic]; the delivery commences at 6 a.m.; despatched at 5.5 a.m. to Bromyard and 7.15 p.m. on week-days and Sundays to Worcester. Telegrams may be sent from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m. on week-days, and from 8 a.m. till 10 a.m. on Sundays. Postal orders are issued at this office. St. John’s is the nearest money order office. Post town, Worcester.
The Wall Letter-box at Crown East is cleared on week-days at 4.55 and 7.35 p.m., and Sundays at 7.35 p.m.
Parish Church (St. Leonard’s) – Rev. Frederick Thomas Minchall, B.A., Vicar (resides at Ronkswood, Worcester); J. Daniel and Albert Williams, Churchwardens; John Hundley, Parish Clerk.
Elementary School – Mrs. Margaret Pilkington, Mistress
Assistant Overseer and Rate Collector for Cotheridge –John Hundley, Lingens, Broadwas.
Berkeley Rowland Comyns, Cotheridge court
Bradbury William, carpenter, Mount Flirt
Cave William Perry, farmer, Great Ossage; res., Ladywood, Claines, Worcester
Corbett Edwd., blacksmith & sub-postmaster
Daniel Mrs. Emma, farmer, Maples cross
Davis John Gwylyn, farmer, Lower Howson
Ford-Whitcombe Charles, architect, Newbury, Upper Broadheath
Halford George, farmer, Otherton farm
James Benjamin, farmer, Upper Lightwood
Jelf George, farmer, Church farm
Jones David, farmer and dairyman, Lower Lightwood
Kirk Arthur T., farmer, Middle Lightwood; res., St. John’s, Worcester
Pilkington Mrs. M., sch’lmistress, School ho.
Spencer William, farmer, Little Lightwood
Verney Charles, farmer, Lower court
Watts Alfred, farmer, Hill top farm
Williams Albert, farmer, Howson; res., Darby’s common, Doddenham
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.