Broadwas is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Broadgreen.
Parish church: St. Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin: 1676
Parishes adjacent to Broadwas
- Knightwick with Doddenham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROADWAS, a parish in Martley district, Worcestershire; on the river Teme, 1½ mile WNW of Bransford Road r. station and 6 W of Worcester. It includes the hamlet of Broadgreen; and has a post office under Worcester. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,347. Pop., 311. Houses, 63. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £253. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is partly Norman.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Broadwas, a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Oswaldslow, but locally in the upper division of the hund. of Doddingtree, union of Martley, county of Worcester; 6 miles west of Worcester, on the northern bank of the river Teme. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; valued at £10 9s. 2½d.; gross income £273; in the patronage of the Dean and chapter of Worcester. There are two daily schools here. Charities connected with the parish produce £7 per annum. Pop., in 1801, 245; in 1831, 296. Houses 60. Acres 1,000. A.P. £l,642. Poor rates, in 1837, £108.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Worcester
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury