Bretforton Worcestershire Family History Guide
Bretforton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: St Leonard
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Bretforton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Bretforton, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; on the West Midland railway, 2 miles WNW of Honeybourne station, and 3½ E of Evesham. Post Town, Evesham. Acres, 1,683. Real property, £3,161. Pop., 565. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £182. Patron, the Rev. G. Morris. The church is good. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bretforton, 3 m. E. Evesham. P. 511
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Bretforton, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of BLACKENHURST, county of Worcester, 3¾ miles (E.) from Evesham, containing 451 inhabitants. The living is a discharged Vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king’s books at £6. 5., and endowed with £600 private benefaction, and £1100 parliamentary grant. The Rev. Dr. Timbrill was patron in 1817. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Evesham
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Blackenhurst
- Province: Canterbury