Bushley is a small parish, situate about a mile and a half from Tewkesbury, and contained in 1851 a population of 339.
The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is in the Gothic and Norman styles of architecture, and the fitting up of the interior is equal to that of any parish church in the county. The living is a Perpetual Curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester. Rev. Charles Allen, Vicar; Mr. Joseph Wilkes, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
There is a small School, supported by W. Dowdeswell, Esq. Mr. John Cheese, Master.
Allen Rev. Charles, Vicar
Dowdeswell William, Esq., High Sheriff of the county, Pull Court
Cruse William, farmer, Shrubbery
Evans Edward, farmer
Firkins William, farmer
Guilding John, farmer
Morris John, farmer, Hill House
Mann Sarah, farmer, Oxey
Robins John, farmer
Sillman John, farmer
Smith William, farmer, Double Gates
Treeton Benjamin, steward and bailiff to W. Dowdeswell, Esq.
Weaver Job, shopkeeper
Webb Eliza, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855