Bricklehampton is a small chapelry of St. Andrew’s, Pershore, distant about 3 miles, and 6 from Defford Station. There is a very handsome mansion here, the residence of Francis Woodward, Esq. The chapelry contained in 1851 a population of 170.
The Chapel, dedicated to St. Michael, is an old stone edifice, in the early English style of architecture, with tower and three bells. Rev. Benjamin Hemming, Incumbent; Mr. Francis Holder, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
County Police Station – John Cowley, Officer.
Woodward Francis, Esq., Magistrate, Bricklehampton Hall
Beard John, shopkeeper
Bomford Thomas, farmer
Phipps Thomas, farmer
Tustin George, shoe maker
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855