Last Updated on
Bredon’s Norton is a chapelry of Bredon Ancient Parish in Worcestershire.
Alternative names: Norton by Bredon
Parish church: St Giles
Parish registers begin: 1754
Parishes adjacent to Bredon’s Norton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORTON-BY-BREDON, or Bredons-Norton, a hamlet-chapelry in Bredon parish, Worcester; under Bredon hill, near the boundary with Gloucester, 1 mile SE of Bredon r. station, and 3½ N E by E of Tewkesbury. Post-town, Bredon, under Tewkesbury. Acres, 1, 100. Pop., 243. Houses, 55. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bredon, in the diocese of Worcester.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Norton – a hamlet and chapelry to the parish of Bredon, hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 6 miles N.N.E. from Tewkesbury, and 110 from London; containing 46 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 220 – 1811, 214 – 1821, 199.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Rector of Bredon with Norton and Cutsdean
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury