Brockhampton, originally formed as chapelry to Woolhope, Herefordshire Ancient parish became an Ecclesiastical parish in 1771.
Parish church: Holy Trinity; All Saints (built in 1901-1902)
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1578
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Parishes adjacent to Brockhampton
- Ballingham and Bolstone
- Fownhope with Fawley
- How Caple
- Sollers Hope
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Brockhampton, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Graytree, union of Ross, county of Hereford; 6 miles north of Ross, on the eastern bank of the Wye. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; valued at £10 8s., and rated in the parliamentary returns at £60; gross income £74; in the patronage and peculiar jurisdiction of the dean and chapter of Hereford. Near the village is the site of a Roman encampment. Pop., in 1801, 117; in 1831, 153. Houses 33. Acres 620. A. P. £768. Poor rates, in 1837, £72.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Brockhampton, 4 m. N. Ross. P. 132
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ross
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Ross
- Hundred: Greytree
- Province: Canterbury