Stoke Edith, Herefordshire Family History Guide
Stoke Edith is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire. West Hide is a chapelry of Stoke Edith.
Parish registers begin: 1538
Parishes adjacent to Stoke Edith
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOKE-EDITH, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, 6½ miles E of Hereford. It includes Westhide chapelry, and has a r. station. Post town, Ledbury. Acres, 2,852. Real property, £4,662. Pop., 506. Houses, 101. The manor belonged anciently to the Wallwayns; passed to the Milwaters and others; and, with S.-Edith Park, has belonged, since the time of Charles II., to the Foleys. The living is a rectory, with Westhide, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £470. Patron, Lady Emily Foley. The church has a low tower and tall spire, and is good. Charities, £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch – Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Weston
- Poor Law Union: Hereford
- Hundred: Radlow
- Province: Canterbury