Alvaston Derbyshire Family History Guide
Alvaston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1772 from chapelry in Derby St Michael Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Alvaston with Sinfin Moor
Parish registers begin: 1614
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Alvaston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALVASTON, a township-chapelry in St. Michael parish, Derby; on the Derwent river, near the Midland railway, 3 miles SE of Derby. It has a post office under Derby. Acres, 870. Rated property, £2,930. Pop., 558. Houses, 117. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £116. Patrons, the parishioners. The church was rebuilt in 1856. There are Presbyterian and Wesleyan chapels, and a church school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alvaston, 3 miles E. Derby. P. 493
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Alvaston Derbyshire Marriages 1614-1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
- County: Derbyshire
- Civil Registration District: Shardlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Stanton by Bridge
- Poor Law Union: Shardlow
- Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch
- Province: Canterbury