Last Updated on
Kynnersley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Alternative names: Kinnersley
Parish church: St. Chad
Parish registers begin: 1691
Parishes adjacent to Kynnersley
- Great Bolas
- Ercall Magna
- Eyton on the Weald Moors
- Preston upon the Weald Moors
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINNERSLEY, a parish in Wellington district, Salop; adjacent to the Shrewsbury and Newport canal, 4 miles NNE of Wellington r. station. It has a post office, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1,789. Real property, £2,739. Pop., 208. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. There is an ancient British camp, called the Wall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £442. Patron, the Duke of Sutherland. The church is ancient and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Kinnersley. A parish in the Newport division of the hundred of Bradford, South, a rectory in charge, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Newport, and archdeaconry of Salop. 48 houses, 253 inhabitants. 4 miles north-east by north of Wellington.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wellington (Shropshire)
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Newport
- Poor Law Union: Wellington
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury