Last Updated on
Silvington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1716
Parishes adjacent to Silvington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SILVINGTON, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; 5½ miles NW of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station. Post town, Cleobury-Mortimer, under Bewdley. Acres, 493. Real property, £978. Pop., 47. Houses, 8. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, the Rev. G. Edmunds. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Silvington (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Cleobury-Mortimer, hundred of Overs, S division of Salop, 6 miles (NW) from Cleobury-Mortimer; containing 46 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £3. 6. 8., and in the joint patronage of the family of Fowler and Theophilus Salwey, Esq.; net income, £100
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Overs
- Province: Canterbury