Parish church: Holy Cross
Parish registers begin: 1571
Parishes adjacent to Bobbington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Bobbington, a parish in the district of Wolverhampton, and counties of Stafford and Salop; 3½ miles W of the river Stour and the Stafford and Birmingham canal, 4½ miles E by N of Hampton-Loade r. station, and 8 WNW of Stourbridge. It includes the hamlet of Halfpenny-Green; and its Post Town is Enville, under Stourbridge. Acres, 2,676. Real property, £4,130. Pop., 431. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £97. Patron, W. Whitmore, Esq. The church is good. An endowed school has £42, and other charities £31.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bobbington, a parish in the union of Seisdon, partly in the hund. of Brimstrey, county of Salop, and partly in the southern division of the hund. of Seisdon, county of Stafford; 8½ miles south-west of Wolverhampton, and 3½ west of the Stafford and Birmingham canal. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Chester, a peculiar of the yearly value of £97. Patron, in 1835, T. Whitmore, Esq. Here is a school for 20 boys and 12 girls, founded and endowed with £1,400, by Hannah Cobbett, in 1792. There are also a daily-school, containing 33 pupils, and two Sunday schools. Pop , in 1801, 381; in 1831, 429. Houses 82. Acres 2,320. A. P. £4,025. Poor rates, in 1837, £187.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Family History Links
Photos of Bobbington
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
- Probate Court: Court of the Royal Peculiar of Bridgnorth
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Bridgnorth
- Poor Law Union: Seisdon
- Hundred: Brimstree
- Province: Canterbury