Eaton Constantine, Shropshire Family History Guide
Eaton Constantine is a parish and village, situate about seven miles south-east from Shrewsbury and five miles south-west from Wellington, in the rural deanery of Wrockwardine, archdeaconry of Salop, diocese of Lichfield, and hundred of South Bradford. Its area is 945 acres in the civil parish, and 874 in the ecclesiastical; and its population in 1801 was 204; in 1831, 244; in 1891, 232; and in 1901, 201.
Source: Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. XIII (1913). Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1684
Parishes adjacent to Eaton Constantine
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EATON-CONSTANTINE, a parish in Atcham district, Salop: on the river Severn, and on the Severn Valley railway, near Cressage r. station, and 5 miles N by W of Much Wenlock. It has a post office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 874. Real property, £1,308. Pop., 242. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £192. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Eaton Constantine. A parish in the Wellington division of Bradford, South. A free chapel or rectory, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 34 houses, 251 inhabitants. 5 miles south-west of Wellington, 7 ½ miles south-east of Shrewsbury.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Eaton Constantine Parish Registers 1684-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. XIII (1913)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; 1900-1906, W.P.W. Phillimore; 1907- W.G.D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Wellington
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: South Bradford
- Province: Canterbury