Cold Weston, Shropshire Family History Guide
Cold Weston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin: 1689
Parishes adjacent to Cold Weston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLD-WESTON, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; under the Clee Hills, 7½ miles NNE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 670. Real property, £332. Pop., 36. Houses, 5. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £100. Patron, J. H. Cornewall, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Cold Weston Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Cold Watson. A parish in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop. 5 houses, 24 inhabitants. 7 miles north-east of Ludlow.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury