Last Updated on
Dodington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1849 from Whitchurch Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, and Unitarian.
Parishes adjacent to Dodington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DODINGTON, a township in Whitchurch parish, Salop; near Whitchuch. Pop., 1,010.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Dodington. A township in the parish of Whitchurch, and in the Whitchurch division of Bradford, North, adjoining to Whitchurch.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Whitchurch, Dodington Presbyterian Chapel Register 1708 to 1812
Shropshire parish registers: Nonconformist and Roman Catholic registers (1903)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society; Evans, George Eyre; Fletcher, W. G. D. (William George Dimock), 1851-1935; Kinsella, William
Publisher: [London]: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society.
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Wem
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Market Drayton
- Poor Law Union: Whitchurch Incorp
- Hundred: North Bradford
- Province: Canterbury