Aston Eyre, Shropshire Family History Guide
Aston Eyre is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1748 from a chapelry in Morville Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: See Morville
Parishes adjacent to Aston Eyre
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON-EYRE, a township in Morvill parish, Salop; 4 miles W by N of Bridgnorth, Acres, 1,330. Pop., 85. Houses, 19. It forms a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Morvill.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Aston Eyre Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aston-Eyre, in Morvill par. P. 130
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Aston Eyre, or Air, or Ayres Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Aston Eyre, or Air, or Ayres. A township in the parish of Morvill, and in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesden. A curacy, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 23 houses, 63 inhabitants. 4 miles north-west of Bridgnorth.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury