Aston Botterell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Other places in the parish include: Bold.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Parishes adjacent to Aston Botterell
- Cleobury North
Aston Botterell The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Aston-Botterell, a parish in the hund. of Stottesden, union of Cleobury-Mortimer, Salop ; 8½ miles south-west from Bridgnorth; on a branch of the Rea. Living, a rectory in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £7 1s. 0½d.; gross income £367. Patron; in 1835, the duke of Cleveland. Pop., in 1801, 247; in 1831, 260. Houses 42. Acres 3,000. A. P. £1,926. Poor rates, in 1837, £96.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Aston Botterell Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aston-Botterell, 6½ miles N.W. Cleobury-Mortimer. P. 173
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Aston Botterel Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Aston Botterel. A parish in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden. A rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesden, and archdeaconry of Salop. 40 houses, 230 inhabitants. 9 miles north-east of Ludlow.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Cleobury Mortimer
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
- Poor Law Union: Cleobury Mortimer
- Hundred: Stottesdon
- Province: Canterbury