Beoley Worcestershire Family History Guide
Beoley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Nonconformists in Beoley include: Roman Catholic and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Beoley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Beoley, a parish in Kings-Norton district, Worcester; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles NE of Redditch r. station. Post Town, Redditch, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 4,480. Real property, £6,809. Pop., 682. Houses, 151. An ancient castle, of which very slight traces remain, belonged successively to the noble families of Mortimer, Beauchamp, and Holland. Beoley Hall is the seat of Capt. R. Mole. The parish is a meet for the North Warwick hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £73. Patron, W. Holmes, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Beoley, 6¼ m. E. Bromesgrove. P. 657
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Beoley The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Beoley, anciently, perhaps, Beaulieu, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Pershore, county of Worcester; 7 miles east of Bromsgrove, in the neighbourhood of the Birmingham and Gloucester railway. Living, a vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; valued at £7 16s. 10½ d.; gross income £74. Patron, in 1835, Wm. Holmes. There is a day and boarding school here. In the vicinity was an ancient castle — of which very slight traces now remain — which belonged successively to the noble families of Mortimer, Beauchamp, and Holland. Pop., in 1801, 630; in 1831, 673. Houses 131. Acres 4,700. A. P. £5,322. Poor rates, in 1837, £490.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Beoley Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Beoley – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 7 miles E. from Bromsgrove, and 110 from London, on the borders of Warwickshire, containing 119 houses. It is a vicarage; Rev. John Bartlam, incumbent; instituted 1800; patron, Thomas Hunter, Esq. – Population, 1801, 630 – 1811, 671 – 1821, 640.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Church Records – Indexes
World War 1 Service Records
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Kings Norton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Droitwich
- Poor Law Union: Kings Norton
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury