Bishampton Worcestershire Family History Guide
Bishampton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Nonconformists in Bishampton include: Baptist and Society of Friends/Quaker.
Parishes adjacent to Bishampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHAMPTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; in the vale of Evesham, 3¼ miles N by W of Fladbury r. station, and 4½ NE of Pershore. Post Town, Pershore. Acres, 2,140. Real property, £2,540. Pop., 469. Houses, 105. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £103. Patron, the Bishop. The church was about to be rebuilt in 1869. There is a Baptist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bishampton, a parish in the middle division of the hund, of Oswaldslow, union of Pershore, county of Worcester; 4½ miles north-east by north of Pershore. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; valued at £7 9s. 9½d.; gross income £113; in the patronage of the bishop of Worcester. Tithes, moduses, &c, the property of the bishop of Worcester and the vicar, were commuted in 1795. There is a daily school here. Pop., in 1801, 308; in 1831, 393. Houses 78. Acres 2,140. A. P. £2,478. Poor rates, in 1837, £167.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Bishampton, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county of Worcester, 5½ miles (N. E. by N.) from Pershore, containing 374 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king’s books at £7. 9. 9½., endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Worcester. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Bishampton – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 7 miles N.N.W. from Evesham, and 103 from London, containing 73 inhabited houses. It is a vicarage; Rev. Henry Southall, incumbent; instituted 1820; patron, Bishop of Worcester. Population, 1801, 308 – 1811, 290 – 1821, 374.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
The following records for Bishampton are available free from FamilySearch.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury