Frankley Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Frankley is a very small parish, about 7 miles from Birmingham, and 3 from Halesowen, containing according to the census of 1851 a population of 125 inhabitants.
This parish was the birth-place of Judge Littleton, a celebrated law authority, whose Treatise on “Tenures”, a work of real merit, has been commented on the Coke, Sir M. Hale, Lord Chancellor Nottingham, and may other legal luminaries.
The Church is a small old stone building, dedicated to St. Leonard. It was repaired a few years ago. The living is in the gift of the Right Hon. Lord Lyttelton. Rev. J. Blagden, Incumbent; Mr. James Taylor, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Blagden Rev. J., Incumbent
Cooper Ann, farmer
Craddock Hezekiah, schoolmaster
Craddock John, carpenter
Jones Robert, farmer
Hodgetts Benjamin, farmer
Taylor Samuel, farmer
White Edward, farmer
White George, farmer
Whitehouse Jacob, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855