Churchill Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Churchill is a very small parish, situate about 3 ½ miles from Kidderminster, and the same distance from Stourbridge. The village consists of a very few houses, and the population in 1851 was only 193.
The Church, dedicated to St. James, is a very small edifice, without either tower or spire: there is a small bellcot. Rev. Reginald P. Turner, Rector; Mr. Thomas Lane, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Amphlett Mr. John, Churchill House
Trow William, Esq., Magistrate, Ismere House
Turner Rev. Reginald P., Rector
Batche Henry, spade and shovel maker
Baynton Susannah, farmer
Birch John, farmer
Green James, farmer
Hall Charles, wheelwright
Hodgkinson Charles, civil engineer
Need John, farmer
Poole William, Sub-Postmaster, and spade and shovel plater
Tolley William, farmer, Iverley Farm
Whittaker Thomas, farmer
Whittaker James, victualler, Old Waggon and Horses
Post Office – William Poole, Sub-Postmaster. Arrival, 9 30 a.m.; despatch, 4 25 p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855