Wolverhampton former church of St Mark
Wolverhampton former church of St Mark. Attribution: Brianboru100. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.

Wolverhampton St Mark is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from Wolverhampton St Peter Ancient Parish.

Parish church: St Mark

Parish registers begin: 1849

Nonconformists include: Irvingite/Catholic Apostolic Church, Presbyterian Church in England, and Wesleyan Methodist. The following non-Church of England denominations were located somewhere in Wolverhampton, but the exact parish has not been identified: Baptist, Countess of Huntingdon Methodist, and SOciety of Friends/Quaker.

Parishes adjacent to Wolverhampton St Mark

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
  • Probate Court: Post-1845 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1846 – Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Wolverhampton
  • Poor Law Union: Wolverhampton
  • Hundred: Wolverhampton Borough
  • Province: Canterbury