Earl’s Croome is a very small parish, about a mile from Upton, and contained according to the last census a population of 199 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small, old building, with low square tower, containing 5 bells. The architectural features of this edifice are of a description requiring no comment. The living is a Rectory. Rev. Henry Charles Phillpott, Rector; Mr. Thomas Lowe, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Coventry Right Hon. William, Earl’s Croome Court
Hall Mrs. Sarah
Day John, farmer, Woodless Farm
Deakin Henry, beer retailer and farmer
Horniblow Henry, farmer, Blue Bell Farm
Horton Mary, farmer, Holly Bed
Kent Benjamin G., wine merchant; house Levant Cottage
Morton Thomas, farmer, Dunstall
Post Office – Thomas Day, Sub-Postmaster. Delivery, 8 30 a.m.; despatch, 5 p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855