Ashford Carbonell is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1748 from a chapelry in Little Hereford, Herefordshire Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St Mary Magdalene
Parish registers begin: 1653
Parishes adjacent to Ashford Carbonell
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Ashford-Carbonell, a parish partly in the hund. of Munslow, and partly in that of Stottesden, union of Ludlow, county of Salop; 3 miles south-south-east from Ludlow. The Teme separates this parish from Ashford Bowdler. Living, a curacy subordinate to the rectory of Little Hereford, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the chancellor of the cathedral of Hereford; rated at £10, and en dowed with £800 royal bounty. Patron, the rector of Little Hereford. Pop., in 1801, 227; in 1831, 289. Houses 52. Acres 1,480. A P. £722. Poor rates, in 1837, £193.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashford-Carbonell, 2½ m. S.S.E. Ludlow. P. 266
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Ashford Carbonel. A parish partly in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, partly in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesden, chapel to Hereford Parva, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Leominster, a peculiar. 56 houses, 316 inhabitants. 3 miles south-east by south of Ludlow.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Chancellor of the Choir of the Cathedral in Little Hereford and Ashford Carbonell
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury