Austrey Warwickshire Family History Guide
Austrey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Presbyterian.
Parishes adjacent to Austrey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AUSTREY, a parish in the district of Tamworth, and county of Warwick; 4 miles NE of Polesworth r. station, and 6½ E by N of Tamworth. It has a post office under Atherstone. Acres, 2,097. Real property, £4,735. Pop., 557. Houses, 126. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £162. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church presents some curious specimens of stained glass in the windows; and is very good. There is a Baptist chapel. Monk’s school has an endowed income of £20, and other Charities have £27.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Austry, 5 miles E. Tamworth. P.479.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Corbett Joseph, Austrey, Warwickshire, cattle dealer & butcher, July 6, 1827.
Linnett John, Austrey, Warwicksh., schoolmaster & bookseller, Aug. 11, 1835
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Tamworth
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Tamworth
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury