Attleborough Warwickshire Family History Guide
Attleborough is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1843 from Nuneaton Ancient Parish.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin: 1842
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
Parishes adjacent to Attleborough
- Stretton Baskerville
- Burton Hastings
- Hinckley Holy Trinity
- Chilvers Coton
- Higham on the Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ATTLEBOROUGH, a chapelry in Nuneaton parish, Warwick; on the Trent Valley railway and the river Anker, near the Coventry canal, 1 mile S of Nuneaton. It was constituted in 1843. It has a post office under Nuneaton. Real property, £4,539. Pop., 1,392. Houses, 322. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £170. Patron. the Vicar of Nuneaton. The church was built in 1841, and is in the early English style. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Attleborough, 1 mile S. Nuneaton. P. 1095.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Attleborough Holy Trinity Burials from 1842 to 1924 – Warwickshire Online Parish Clerks – Free
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Nuneaton
- Probate Court: Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Nuneaton
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury