Wychbold Worcestershire Family History Guide
Wychbold is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire created from Dodderhill Parish in 1888.
Parish church: St Mary de Wyche
Parish registers begin: 1888 (before this date see Dodderhill.
Nonconformists include: Congregational (chapel dates from 1836)
Parishes adjacent to Wychbold
Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District 1879
Wychbold is a pleasant village 2 miles N.E. on the road to Bromsgrove. The river Salwarpe runs here and works two cornmills. The national schoolroom is licensed for divine worship. Service is held on Sundays at 3 p.m. There is also a Congregational chapel erected in 1836.
Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Droitwich
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Droitwich
- Poor Law Union: Droitwich
- Hundred: Droitwich Borough; Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury