Sedgeberrow Worcestershire Family History Guide
Sedgeberrow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: St Mary the Virgin
Parish registers begin: 1566
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Sedgeberrow
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Sedgeberrow, a parish, with a village, in Evesham district, Worcester; on the river Isborne, 4 miles S by W of Evesham r. station. Post-town, Evesham. Acres, 1,042. Real property, £1,663. Pop., 354. Houses, 68. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £228. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of W. The church is of the 14th century, and has an octagonal tower and spire, and was repaired in 1845. There are a Baptist chapel and a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Sedgeberrow, a parish, in the union of Evesham, Middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 4 miles (SSW) from Evesham; containing 318 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1014 acres, chiefly arable; the soil is a strong reddish day, producing good wheat and beans; the surface is generally level, and the lands are watered by the river Isperne. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £13. 15. 7 ½.; net income, £228; patrons, Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1810; the glebe comprises about 200 acres, with a house. The church has a small octagonal tower surmounted by a spire, and exhibits portions in the decorated and later English styles. A school is supported by subscription.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Sedgeberrow – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 4 miles S.W. from Evesham, and 93 from London; containing 49 inhabited houses, nearly surrounded by Gloucestershire. It is a rectory; Rev. Jeremiah Roberts, incumbent; instituted 1787; in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. Population, 1801, 184 – 1811, 195 – 1821, 250.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
FamilySearch – Free
National Burial Index – Free
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury
Marriage Law for Genealogists: The Definitive Guide …what everyone tracing their family history needs to know about where, when, who and how their English and Welsh ancestors married by by Rebecca Probert