Staverton, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Staverton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Boddington is a chapelry of Staverton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Staverton with Boddington
Parish church: St. John the Baptist; St Catherine
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Parishes adjacent to Staverton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAVERTON, a parish, with a village, in Cheltenham district, Gloucester; 4 miles W of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 720. Real property, £1,682. Pop. 315. Houses, 68. S. Court is the seat of Capt. J. L. St. Clair; and S. House, of H. Sheldon, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Boddington, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £436. Patron, Mrs. Blagdon. The church is early English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
FreeReg – Parish Registers – Free
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Cheltenham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Cheltenham
- Hundred: Deerhurst
- Province: Canterbury