Aston Staffordshire Family History Guide
Aston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1846 from Stone Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Aston, Burston, Stoke and Little Aston, Aston, Burston and Stoke
Other places in the parish include: Little Aston.
Parish registers begin: 1847
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes adjacent to Aston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON, a chapelry in Stone parish, Stafford; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Northwestern railway, 2 miles SE of Stone. It includes the hamlet of Little Aston; and has a post office under Stafford. Real property, with Burston, Stoke, and Little Aston, £6,188. Pop., 625. Houses, 149. The manor belonged anciently to the Astons, and passed to the Hevinghams and the Simeons. The living is a p. curacy, united with the curacy of Burston, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £166. Patron, the Hon. E. S. Jervis. The church is a neat edifice in the English style, with a tower. There is a Roman Catholic church.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Stone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Stone
- Poor Law Union: Stone
- Hundred: South Pirehill
- Province: Canterbury