Cressage is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Shropshire, created in 1844 from chapelry in Cound Ancient Parish.
Parish church: Christ Church
Parish registers begin: 1722
Parishes adjacent to Cressage
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRESSAGE, a chapelry in Cound parish, Salop; on the river Severn; and on the Severn Valley railway, 4 miles NW by N of Much-Wenlock. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Shrewsbury. Rated property, £2,125. Pop., 356. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £248. Patron, the Rev. H. T. Pelham. The church is modern; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Gregory Shropshire Gazetteer 1824
Cressage. A township in the parish of Cound, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, chapel to Cound, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. It is holden in the presentation to Cound, but with most parochial rights. 8 ½ miles south-east of Shrewsbury
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824
Cressage Parish Registers 1605-1812
Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. II (1901)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; W. P. W. Phillimore
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Atcham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Condover
- Poor Law Union: Atcham
- Hundred: Condover
- Province: Canterbury