Willey, Shropshire Family History Guide
Willey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.
Parish registers begin: 1644
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Willey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILLEY, a parish in Madeley district, Salop; 1¾ mile W of Linley r. station, and 3¼ E by S of Much-Wenlock. Post town, Broseley, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1,390. Real property, £1,349. Pop., 149. Houses, 34. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to Lord Forester. The living is a rectory, united with Barrow, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £200. Patron, Lord Forester. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Willey Parish Registers 1644-1812
Shropshire Parish registers Diocese of Hereford Vol. XVI (1915)
Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society
General editor; W. G. D. Fletcher
Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Madeley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Wenlock
- Poor Law Union: Madeley
- Hundred: Much Wenlock Borough
- Province: Canterbury