Last Updated on
Little Marsden is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1783 from a chapelry in Whalley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1811
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Little Marsden
- Fence in Pendle
- Reedley Hallows, Filly Close and New Laund Booth
- Burnley St Peter
- Great Marsden
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
NELSON, a village in Little Marsden township, Whalley parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, 3 ½ miles NNE of Burnley. It has a station on the railway, a post-office under Burnley, and an Independent chapel built in 1865; and is lighted with gas.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Burnley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Whalley
- Poor Law Union: Burnley
- Hundred: Blackburn
- Province: York