Altcar, Lancashire Family History
Altcar is an Ancient Parish in the county of Lancashire.
Other places in the parish include: Little Altcar.
Parish registers begin: 1664
Parishes adjacent to Altcar
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Altcar, a parish in the hund. of West Derby, union of Ormskirk, Lancashire. It is intersected by the Alt. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Chester; rated at £11 10s., and in the parliamentary returns at £37 10s.; gross income £95. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Sefton. There is a school with an endowment of £24 per annum, at which about 60 children are educated. Pop., in 1801, 271; in 1831, 505. Houses 69. Acres 3,580. A. P. £3,893. Poor rates, in 1837, £509. The village of Altcar is 6½ miles west by south from Ormskirk.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Ormskirk
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: North Meols
- Poor Law Union: Ormskirk
- Hundred: West Derby
- Province: York