Last Updated on
Davidstow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
Other places in the parish include: Tremaill.
Parish church: St David
Parish registers begin: 1708
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Davidstow
- Lanteglos by Camelford
- St Clether
- St Breward
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DAVIDSTOW – popularly Dewstow – a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; 4 miles NE by N of Camelford, and 12 W by N of Launceston r. station. Post town, Camelford. Acres, 6, 756. Real property, £4, 050. Pop., 394. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The surface is very bleak; and a great moor of it extends to Rowtor and Brown Willy. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £192. Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church is interesting.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Davidstow, 2 miles N. Camelford. P. 408
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Cornwall
- Civil Registration District: Camelford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Trigg Major
- Poor Law Union: Camelford
- Hundred: Lesnewth
- Province: Canterbury