Woolstone, Gloucestershire Family History Guide
Woolstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Alternative names: Woolston
Parish registers begin: Bishops Transcripts 1575
Parishes adjacent to Woolstone
The Imperial Gazetteer 1870
WOOLSTONE, a parish in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; 3 miles SE of Ashchurch r. station, and 5¼ N of Cheltenham. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 787. Real property, £1,643. Pop., 81. Houses, 20. The manor belongs to the Earl of Coventry. A hill, at the back of the parsonage, has remains of a Roman camp, and commands a very extensive view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £200. Patron, the Earl of Coventry. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Woolston, a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Deerhurst, but locally situated in that of Cleeve, union of Tewkesbury, county of Gloucester; 4 miles west-north-west of Winchcombe, near the line of the Birmingham and Gloucester railway. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £13 6s. 0½d.; gross income £203. Patron, the earl of Coventry. In 1833 here was 1 daily school. Acres 860. Houses 19. A. P. £1,486. Pop., in 1801, 83; in 1831, 92. Poor rates, in 1838, £31 1s
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 – Gloucester, Post 1835 – Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Deerhurst
- Province: Canterbury