Last Updated on
Alternative names: Streatly with Sharpenhoe
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Margaret
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1693
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
- Primitive Methodists
Parishes adjacent to Streatley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STREATLEY, a parish, with S. village and Sharpenhoe hamlet, in Luton district, Beds; 4¾ miles N by W of Luton r. station. Post town, Silshoe, under Ampthill. Acres, 2,287. Real property, £2,800. Pop., 341. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Sundon. The church is ancient but good. There are a Methodist chapel and a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Streatly with Sharpenhoe, 3½ m. S. Selsoe. P. 345.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Luton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Dunstable
- Poor Law Union: Luton
- Hundred: Flitt
- Province: Canterbury