Little Staughton Bedfordshire Family History Guide
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1598
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Baptists
Parishes adjacent to Little Staughton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAUGHTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; 4½ miles S by E of Kimbolton r. station. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 1,660. Real property, £2,286. Pop., 572. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400. Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is later English. There are a Baptist chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Staughton (Little) 10 miles N.W. Bedford. P. 485.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: St Neots
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Eaton
- Poor Law Union: St Neots
- Hundred: Stodden
- Province: Canterbury