Hulcote with Salford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Bedfordshire, created in 1750 from Holcot Ancient Parish and Salford Ancient Parish.

Other places in the parish include: Salford.

Status: Ecclesiastical Parish

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1658
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604

Separate registers exist for Salford

  • Parish registers: 1559
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Parishes adjacent to Hulcote with Salford

  • Ridgmont
  • Wavendon Buckinghamshire
  • Aspley Guise
  • Husborne Crawley
  • Marston Moreteyne
  • Cranfield
  • Lidlington
  • Broughton Buckinghamshire

Historical Descriptions

Hulcote

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

HOLCUTT, or HOLCOTT, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; on Crawley brook, near the boundary with Bucks, 2 miles NW of Ridgmount r. station, and 4 N of Woburn. Post town, Woburn. Acres, 880. Real property, £1, 341. Pop., 71. Houses, 12. The property belongs chiefly to the Rev. B. Smith. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Salford, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £360. Patron, the Rev. B. Smith. The church is ancient, and contains monuments of the Chernockes.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Holcutt, 4 m. N. Woburn. P. 62.

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850

Salford

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Salford, 4 m. N.W. Woburn. P. 325.

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850

Administration

  • County: Bedfordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Woburn
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
  • Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
  • Rural Deanery: Fleete
  • Poor Law Union: Woburn
  • Hundred: Manshead
  • Province: Canterbury