Last Updated on
Alternative names: Heath
Other places in the parish include: Reach.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1813
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Heath and Reach
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HEATH AND REACH, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; on the Grand Junction canal, adjacent to Bucks, 2¼ miles N of Leighton-Buzzard r. station. Post town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, 2,279. Real property, £4,214. Pop., 953. Houses, 212. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Col. H. Hanmer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Leighton-Buzzard. The church is modern, and has a low square tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Leighton Buzzard
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Leighton Buzzard
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – Lincoln, Post 1845 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1852 – None, Post – 1851 – Dunstable
- Poor Law Union: Leighton Buzzard
- Hundred: Manshead
- Province: Canterbury