Caddington is an Ancient Parish partly in Bedfordshire and partly in Hertfordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Markyate Street, Humbershoe, and Market Street.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Caddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CADDINGTON, a parish in the district of Luton and counties of Bedford and Hertford; near the Hertford and Dunstable railway, 2 miles WSW of Luton. It includes the Humbershoe portion of Market-street village; and its Post Town is Luton. Acres, 4,500. Real property, £6,785. Pop., 1,851. Houses, 389.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Bedfordshire The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Caddington, a parish and township partly in the hund. of Flitt, union of Luton, county of Bedford, and partly in the hund. of Dacorum, county of Hertford; 2 miles south-west by west of Luton. Living, a vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Bedford and dio. of Lincoln, now in the dio. of Ely; rated at £10; gross income £327. The patronage is vested in the dean and chapter of St. Paul’s. There are here two Sunday and three daily schools, one of which is partially endowed. Pop., in 1801, 1,073; in 1831, 1,563. Houses 312. Acres 4,500. A. P. £4,602. Poor rates, in 1837, £452.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Family History Links
- County: Bedfordshire
- Civil Registration District: Luton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford
- Diocese: Pre-1837 – Lincoln, Post-1836 – Ely
- Rural Deanery: Dunstable
- Poor Law Union: Luton
- Hundred: Flitt
- Province: Canterbury