Berrow is a small village and parish, about 8 miles S.W. from Upton, and 7 S.E. from Ledbury, containing a population according to the last census of 491 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Faith, is a very old stone structure, with square tower and two bells. The living is a Perpetual Curacy. Rev. Frederick H. Law, Vicar; Mr. John Chadd, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
There is a School in this parish, supported by Osmond Ricardo, Esq., M.P. Mr. Ploughman, Master.
The National School is supported by contributions and the children’s payments. Average number of scholars, 30.
Dee Mr. Peter
Law Rev. Frederick H., Vicar
Winnall John, Esq., The Hawthorns
Warburton Mrs. Matilda, Dingley Hill Cottage
Allen Edwin, butcher
Allen James, farmer, Holly Bush Farm
Bennett John, farmer, Caisend Street
Bevan Charles, farmer, Whiting Ash Farm
Boulter James, farmer, Parsonage Farm
Bull Thomas, shopkeeper, Cammers Green
Chadd James, farmer, Bray’s Farm
Chadd John, hoe maker and Parish Clerk
Civil Samuel, Sub-Postmaster
Daw William, farmer and timber merchant, Whitings Ash
Fisher Richard, farmer, Cammers Green
Goatman John, machinist, Whitings Ash
Hart William, farmer, Caisend Hill
Hawkins John, farmer, Whitings Ash
Ingles Mary, victualler and shopkeeper, Duke of York
Jones George, farmer, Rye Farm
Jones George, blacksmith, The Rye
Lane Edward, farmer, Cammers Green
Lawrence Arthur, mason, Whitings Ash
Morse Niles, painter and glazier, Whitings Ash
Pope William, farmer, Hill Farm
Powell Jonas, carpenter
Shail John, builder, Whitings Ash
Sheppard James, farmer
Webb Richard, farmer, Cammers Green
Post Office – Samuel Civil, Sub-Postmaster. Arrival, 11 15 a.m.; despatch, 4 15 p.m.
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855